Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Angst from My So-called Weekend

I'm supposed to have a very busy weekend: attend the Blogger Fiesta event where I can hone my blog writing skills and at the same time expand my network; write an article or two on my blog; pick up my puzzle reservation; claim another voucher (guess for what? :P); and clean my room. Basically spend it away from the office. But alas! A well laid out plan was flushed down the drain with just one message. I suppose, just like rules are made to be broken, plans are made to be... changed. Just like a draft that only gets finalised once you do the act. *sigh*

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I receive a last minute advise that we have to re-shoot our video entry for an office contest and it is supposed to take about 4 hours. As if! The last time, we spent more than 5 hours and I don't think this one will be shorter. I really, really hate this contest now that they've changed the contest format! GRAWR!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Learnings. I have to remind myself to like this or else I'll end up as one of those weird guys in a straight jacket. Hehehe. So what are the learnings I got:
+ Proper use of make-up. Oohlala!
+ Checking my existing network as some of them were pioneers in the blogging sphere and are really good writers.
+ Connected to the one above, reconnect with old friends :)

0 comments: